Networking for Scientists & Engineers
Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2017 | 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. ET | FREE
The importance of networking in the fields of science and engineering cannot be overstated. Opportunities – whether for career gain, your firm’s revenue or the advancement of research – rarely come to those who wait. Your proactive efforts to build relationships are the key to your success.
This webcast, led by Anthony Fasano (PE), addresses the importance of networking throughout your career and provides strategies for effective networking and relationship building. You’ll learn essential techniques for both live events and online (specifically through LinkedIn). By applying the simple strategies presented in this session, you will greatly increase your personal reach, setting the stage for massive benefits.
Topics Covered Include:
- Putting the other person’s needs ahead of your own
- What, how, why, with who, where
- Building trust and asking the right questions
- Networking with goals in mind
- How to select the right events to attend or associations to join
- How to build a complete LinkedIn profile