Fundamentals of Bioscience Entrepreneurship
This course is designed for biomedical scientists and engineers at all stages of their careers who are interested in learning more about the process of getting an idea, invention or discovery to patients by creating user-defined value through the deployment of innovation. Dr. Arlen Meyers reviews fundamental principles, definitions and concepts in bio-science entrepreneurship, provides an overview of the 12-step life science innovation roadmap and discusses next steps in how to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to advance your idea. Dr. Meyers also addresses the concept of the five-legged stool and the elements to the business model canvas.
This course will help you:
- Bring your inventions and discoveries to patients
- Understand the principles of bio-science entrepreneurship
- Develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to advance your ideas
Instructor: Arlen Meyers
Dr. Arlen Meyers is the president and CEO of the Society of Physician Entrepreneurs (SoPE) and is a professor emeritus of otolaryngology, dentistry and engineering at the University of Colorado School of Medicine and the Colorado School of Public Health. A serial bio-entrepreneur and consultant, Dr. Meyers has created several medical device companies with his primary research in biomedical and health innovation and entrepreneurship and life science technology commercialization. Dr. Meyers consults for and speaks to companies, governments and colleges and universities internationally on bio-entrepreneurship, bioscience, health care, health care IT, medical tourism, new product development, product design and financing new ventures. He is a former Harvard-Macy fellow and completed a Fulbright at Kings Business, the commercialization office of technology transfer at Kings College in London and was named by Modern Healthcare as one of the 50 Most Influential Physician Executives.
Duration: 1 hour
- Understanding what is meant by Bio-science Entrepreneurship
- Defining the different types of innovation
- Explaining the Life Science Innovation Roadmap
- Being able to create a value proposition
- Understanding the Business Model Canvas
- Learn about the Five-Legged stool: Biomedical IP, Regulatory Affairs, Reimbursement, Product-market mix and the right business model
Quizzes: 1 quiz
Certificate of completion
This course is also available in the Career Pathways Program
$39 for Members!
Purchasing 6+ courses?
Contact us for special pricing.